Covid-19 Safety Measures
In order to protect delegates the following Covid-19 safety measures and regulations will be in effect for the Banff Pork Seminar January 11-13, 2022 (as of December 24, 2021):
- Delegates must agree to follow all Covid-19 regulations put in place by the Government of Canada, Government of Alberta, University of Alberta (host organization) and the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel (host venue);
- All delegates are required to monitor their health prior to conference using the Alberta Health Daily Checklist and not attend the event if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and/or are feeling ill;
- Delegates must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination upon entry to the conference;
- Delegates must wear masks at all times (unless seated to eat) – masks will be provided if delegates do not have their own;
- Name tags will be required to access the conference area and session rooms to ensure only registered delegates are on-site and will be required to be shown to board the BPS shuttle;
- Social distancing will be practiced as much as possible and certain areas will be one-direction traffic flow only;
- Hand sanitization stations will be setup throughout the conference centre;
- All conference materials will also be available electronically on the conference app;
- More details on new check-in procedures will be sent out to all delegates to help social distance and speed up the check-in process.
Please note the current Covid-19 situation is changing rapidly and these measures & regulations may change or additional Covid-19 regulations may be put into effect before the conference in January. For the most up-to-date Covid information and regulations please check the Government websites below.
For delegates travelling please also review the current federal and provincial travel restrictions using the links below.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the BPS office at email@example.com