Driving from the Calgary International Airport to the Banff Springs Hotel
Driving distance from the Calgary airport to Banff is approximately 145 km/90 miles. Please allow for two hours of driving time to get from the Calgary airport to Banff- the time may vary depending on road and weather conditions.
You will be driving through the mountains. Please drive carefully, watch out for wildlife on the road and obey speed limits and other warning signs.
**There is a fee to obtain a National Park pass when entering into Banff National Park (Park Gates located on the highway just after the town of Canmore). For fee information go to www.parkscanada.gc.ca **
Banff Airporter Shuttle
BPS delegates will receive a 15% discount on Banff Airporter Shuttle service from the Calgary Airport to the Banff Springs Hotel.
Driving directions from the Calgary International Airport:
(about 1 hour 45 minutes)
- The Calgary International Airport is in the north eastern quarter of the city of Calgary. All directions to Banff will require travel westward.
- Depart the Calgary International Airport. At the first intersection (there is a Husky station on the left hand corner) turn left (North) onto Barlow Trail.
- Follow Barlow Trail for approximately 2 minutes until you reach the exit for Airport Trail.Turn left (West) onto Airport Trail.Continue driving on Airport Trail for approximately 2 minutes until you reach the exit for Deerfoot Trail (Hwy 2).Turn right (North) onto Deerfoot Trail (Hwy 2).Continue North on Deerfoot Trail for about 5 minutes, then exit onto Stoney Trail West. Continue on Stoney Trail for approximately 20 minutes until you reach Highway #1 (also know as 16th Ave.).
- Continue on Highway#1 for approximately 1-hour until you reach the Banff National Park entrance gates. The gates are open 24-hours as all visitors to the park are required to pay an access fee ($9.80/person/day).
- Once you have passed through the park gates, continue driving West for approximately 10 minutes until you reach the first exit to Banff (noted as Banff/ Minnewanka Loop).
- Once you have taken the Banff exit, turn left at the stop sign onto Banff Avenue and continue straight. You will drive through the town of Banff until you reach the Bow River Bridge. Cross the bridge and at its end turn left onto Spray Avenue and stay to the left on this road until you reach its end at which the Fairmont Banff Springs is located.
- Self-parking $7 CAD/night for delegates staying at the Banff Springs Hotel, with unlimited access. Will be charged directly to your room.
- Self-parking for day visitors to the Banff Springs Hotel: metered parking with hourly rates.